Friday, July 20, 2012

And they said...

    They told me I'd be dead by age 13 if not sooner, They said that I would never survive the requirements of school, or even make it in school for that matter, They said I would lose my walking ability permanently, Some said I would never be physically active, Some said my life was an easy life, 
    Well you know what? I am 20 years old, and still kicking. Not only did I "survive" the requirements of school but I graduated High School with honors, and currently am enrolled in College. I use a wheelchair 0% of the time, the rest is with a walker or on my own. As for the physically active I've don rock walls, zip lines, mud trails, so yeah think I have the ability to be active. Easy? Ha I've worked my butt off to get where I am now, school? I went 3 days a week, and half days at that, and still managed to graduate with honors, the walking thing wasn't a snap your fingers, I had to practice for over a year and build my stamina up, and it was hard I currently go to physical therapy to help as well. Also you wanna go through all the medical stuff I've went through? I honestly wouldn't wish everything I've been through on my worst enemy. Everything that I've went through God has been right there to help me through the labyrinth.
    The main reason for this post, is I'm tired of having to prove myself, I feel that I do over, and over, but its never enough, someone always finds and points out a flaw. If you tell me that I can't do something based on the way you judge me, I usually try to prove you wrong, and most of the time succeed. Honestly it is hard to prove yourself, but I know that sometimes you honestly just have to. 
Remember most people have more going for them than meets the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment