Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What have I done with my life?

    It's true what they say about lessons coming from strange places at times. Because I got taught one recently and it opened my eyes. You see I'm very grateful to be alive, but I feel sometimes like I don't deserve it because what have I done to deserve my extended life? 
    I was watching tv and this show caught exactly what I had been feeling about this woman who got a second chance at a life, and years later people were wanting to know what had she done with her life since she got that fateful chance? And she was embarrassed because honestly she hadn't done anything super special with that second chance. However it ended with her realizing it doesn't matter that she didn't do anything extraordinary with her life, but the fact that she was healthy, living life, and was happy was really all that mattered.
    That hit me so I may not have done anything extraordinary aside from beating the odds with my life yet,  (and I still might go on to do something big one day) but I am happy and I'm living and really that's all that should matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment